In 1911, Union Station depot was built on the south side of The Wetsel Seed Building in Harrisonburg, serving the B&O Railroad line. The depot provided passenger service on the B&O to the residents of Harrisonburg for thirty years, until November 1, 1941, and was also a popular location for picnics and people-watching. The Chesapeake and Western Railroad Company eventually purchased the track from B&O and continued to use the line for moving freight back and forth across Virginia.
On May 19, 1944, The Wetsel Seed Company bought Union Station and the property that it resided on for $20,000. The Wetsels looked at the property as an opportunity to expand their business by turning the empty land into a parking lot. The beautiful brick depot was demolished some time in the 1950s. Word has it that many of the bricks used to build the station were used to build Wildwood Park located in Bridgewater.
In 1991 the land that the Wetsels had purchased succumbed to eminent domain and became a part of the new Harrisonburg Judicial Complex.